I still remember my very first watch—a Lucy from the Peanuts watch with a white band, that for some reason I wore on my belt loop. Then, in high school, I had Swatches; a true child of the ’80s. I had the one with a black lace print over a teal face and a semi-translucent purple band, with one of those rubber things in hot pink to protect the face. Before I went to college, I really wanted a black Movado with gold dot. I couldn’t afford it, and went for a Gucci that was half the price that I never loved. A few years later, as a college graduation gift, I got a stainless and gold Movado.
These days I have two watches—a stainless steel Cartier watch that I bought with an unexpected check I received to appear in a Samsung ad campaign shot by Peter Arnell (they shot a whole bunch of Internet pioneers of the early-mid 1990s) and a silver & gold stretchy Timex Indiglo. And then there’s the watches I covet: the Chanel white ceramic and diamond watch and the Chanel pearl watch. I also had my eye on this Rolex, though it’s on the large side.
If I were in the market for a watch, I might go for one with rose gold details. Then again, the ones with blue faces are so pretty. And diamonds mixed with stainless steel is a look I love. Here are 15 stainless steel women’s watches that would work for me.
S H O P P I N G
1. Baume and Mercier Capeland Watch
2. David Yurman Thoroughbred Diamond Bezel Watch
3. Cartier Pink Gold & Stainless Steel Watch
4. Burberry Diamond & Mother-of-Pearl Stainless Steel Watch
5. Peugeot Stainless Steel Rose Gold Tone Watch
6. Omega De Ville Ladymatic Co-Axial Watch
7. Bulova Stainless Steel & White Ceramic Watch
9. Michael Kors Emery Embellished Rose Goldtone Stainless Steel Watch
10. Nixon The Kensington Crystal Watch
11. Kate Spade Gramercy Pave Grand Watch
12. Movado Stainless Steel Watch With Rose Gold
13. Tissot Cera Women’s White Ceramic Watch With Diamonds
14. Cabochon De Ce Monde Multi-Function Green Dial Stainless Steel Watch
* * *
Shop edgy jewelry at Charm & Chain >